Sara was interviewed on Coffee No.5, a podcast hosted by Lara Schmoisman
We had such a blast chatting about networking. Grab all the good stuff, read the transcript, and listen to the podcast below!
Download the transcript here.
Listen to the podcast!
Taking the Work Out of Networking with Sara Alepin
What do you think when someone says “networking”?
Do you feel stressed or anxious?
Sara Alepin found out that many people felt this way, and that’s why she founded District Bliss, a company for business owners that want to expand their network.
Sara is an extrovert with a facility to make connections, and so she put her skills to good use on behalf of others. She knows that networking can be fun and that every event is an opportunity to find people to work or collaborate with.
- Sara created District Bliss as a way to connect people. Sara knows that every event is a networking opportunity, and it can have fun and creative activities.
- First impressions matter! Sara encourages you to do some research, choose the events that interest you, that speak to you. Then, you want to give a positive and memorable first impression. For Sara, it is ok if you talk about something not so conventional, or if you try to get a deeper conversation to know the other person. Don’t be afraid to be real.
- Are you an introvert, or don’t know how to approach people? Sara’s got your back. She is an extrovert that looks for the introvert in any event and then manages to introduce herself and this person to other groups or circles of people.
- Sara notices that many people are afraid to say the wrong thing. In her experience, it is important to pay attention to how we say something instead of what we say.
- Sara knows that we, as humans, and especially as business owners, are constantly evolving, reinventing ourselves and our brand. And so it is ok to move forward and meet new people that are good for you at that moment, even if you disconnect from others.
- Are you ready to do some networking? Once you have checked the event, the brand, and decided that it does speak to you, you are ready to go. Sara recommends having a document with your personal links, being prepared will make you feel more comfortable. Paid attention to what others are asking, and don’t be afraid to ask for what you need. Be honest with your intentions, and have an open mind.
Download the free guide to Clubhouse, and learn everything you need to know about this social network.