- This event has passed.
Are You “Entrepreneur Curious?” (ONLINE)
May 7, 2020 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm EDTFree
Are you Entrepreneur-Curious?
With SO MANY layoffs sweeping the globe, it’s no wonder that highly skilled professionals are starting to question the security of a paycheck…
If you’re one of them, and have been thinking it might be time to strike out on your own, there’s never been a better time!
The truth is, there was never any security in full-time employment – betting the farm on a single revenue stream has always been a huge gamble – but there is an alternative…
Not freelancing, not being a ‘gig’ worker, but building a real-life, actual, sustainable business of your own. Being an entrepreneur isn’t easy, but in the long run it’s a far better strategy for creating wealth and security than relying on a regular nine-to-five.
If you’re curious about what it would be like to start your own service-based business then this workshop with certified business coach, Victoria Dew SCMP is for you.
We’ll dispel some common myths, help you understand what’s possible, give you the skinny on how hard it actually is, and help you gain clarity on whether or not entrepreneurship is the right choice for you – either now, or sometime down the road.
You should attend this workshop if you:
- Have been recently laid off from your job, or are worried you may soon lose your job
- Have been toying with the idea of starting your own business (consulting, coaching, or something else altogether!) and are wondering if this is the right time to make the leap
- Are fed up with life in Corporate America and know that there’s a better way to share your talents, gifts and expertise with the world
- Have become disillusioned with the ‘paycheck trap’ and don’t want to waste another second of your precious life working for someone else
In this workshop you will:
- Learn more about what it’s really like to be an entrepreneur/solopreneur
- Get inspired about the kind of business you might like to build, even if you have no idea what it might be yet
- Gain a better understanding of some of the common myths about striking out on your own – like that you won’t have benefits anymore
- Learn how bootstrapping and building a service-based business is often a far better way to go than seeking investors and venture capital
- Find out more about what being an entrepreneur really means, the nuts and bolts, and whether you’re up to the challenge
- Come away with lots of new ideas, inspiration, energy and excitement about your future
Space is strictly limited, with a maximum of 12 workshop participants to ensure that everyone receives focused attention. Our workshops always sell out, so grab your spot today!
About the Presenter
Victoria Dew, SCMP — Dewpoint Communications
Victoria knows first-hand how challenging being a solopreneur can be, and is an expert at helping others to navigate their way through the highs and lows of building a business. She is a certified business coach, and helps purpose-driven entrepreneurs build profitable companies that are aligned with their values and life goals. Learn more here.
Here’s what recent event participants had to say about the experience:
“This retreat was fantastic, so well run, and filled with valuable content. I highly recommend going to the next one. Victoria is knowledgeable, nimble on her feet, professional, highly experienced, gracious, funny, and a beautiful soul.”
“Victoria gives amazing value with her gift of time, experience and genuineness with her interest in you and your business. This retreat was filled with nuggets on next steps in mindset and value and the confidence to up my game with the packages that I offer my clients.”
Here’s what some of our current and former clients have to say about coaching with Victoria:
“Victoria offers clarity that is desperately needed when starting a business. You can do a million things OK, but Victoria shows you 3 things you can do best.”
”Victoria brings a powerful balance of emotional intelligence and solid business acumen. She keeps me grounded, helps me stay focused on what really matters, and makes me laugh even when she’s calling me on my bullsh*t”
“I went from 0 to $8500 in the first month I worked with Victoria. Having the confidence to just put my fees out there in the world and let people respond to them was huge for me. I would have absolutely undercharged otherwise.”
“Working with Victoria has opened my eyes and mind to possibilities I hadn’t considered. She is an idea machine. She has a lot of compassion and can quickly identify pain points. I truly believe my business wouldn’t be where it is now without her guidance and support.”
“Victoria has amazing insight and she is able to cut right to the heart of the matter. Her ideas are always on point.”
District Bliss Business Bits
Have you taken advantage of District Bliss Business Bits?
Because as small business owners, we’re all reeling from the impact of sheltering in place, we are here to support you during this uncertain time, AT NO COST.
For a limited time, you get the most invaluable features from even our most valuable membership package, absolutely free!
- Essential, time-sensitive trainings
- Strategies from our best experts
- Exposure — District Bliss is an active marketplace you can tap into right now!
- Virtual co-working sessions: isolate physically but get support online as you work (great for our extroverts)