Many of our community members have been seriously impacted — both personally and professionally — by the COVID-19 virus
I wanted to take a few minutes to personally address a few things:
1. We are being flexible and offering refunds for all of our upcoming events. We don’t intend to cancel any of our upcoming events, but we understand that this is a time of uncertainty and it’s important that you know we will do our best to support you!
If you’re not feeling well, please stay home; if you’re afraid of getting sick or bringing an illness home to a loved one with a compromised immune system, please stay home.
We will happily refund you and do whatever we can to support you if staying home means that you will be missing information.
2. This may sound crazy coming from the CEO of a business that’s built around positivity and supporting the community, but try to refrain from shaking hands when you meet someone or hugging an old friend at an event.
And, I’m sure you’re heard it a bajillion times by now, but wash your hands and cover your face (ideally with your elbow pit — thanks, Mom, for teaching me that as a kiddo — or a tissue) when you sneeze!
3. We’ve been in contact with several attorneys and are hoping to share some information that will be helpful for you if your contracts are being canceled and your business is being impacted by canceled events.
It’s really important to me that everyone feels supported during this challenging time. We’re looking into opening up some virtual spaces over the next few weeks where the community can gather to support one another and discuss best business practices. We need each other right now. So, stay tuned for dates and times.
4. We are not canceling our events, but we are taking care to have hand washing stations and hand sanitizer on-site in addition to the CDC recommendations and requirements. Our event spaces will be thoroughly cleaned according to the CDC requirements.
We are also offering virtual events and workshops in our Online Academy (we’ll be announcing more soon) so that you can still build your business even if you’re not comfortable or able to leave the house, you are not missing out.
5. Stay calm! We will get through this!
If you have any questions or concerns — or even if you just need a shoulder — please feel free to reach out to me personally. I want to do whatever I can to support those of you who have been impacted by the novel coronavirus.
Sending good vibes your way!
-Sara CEO of District Bliss + Photos from the Harty, Co-Host of The Wedding Dish