Dawn | SD // SDNC // Carlsbad Ambassador
– I am a Wisconsin city girl, but have lived in beachy San Diego for 30 years
– I have owned a television for no more than 5 years in my entire adulthood
– I was over 40 years old when I drank my first beer. It shook my world when I had a second
– The color of water gives me peace (I know, it’s not really a color)
– I became addicted to running when I turned 50 and participate in about a half dozen races per year
– My business, Confidence without Cosmetics, makes me happy
– I have enjoyed a lifetime of volunteerism
– I have 4 closets
– I’m a minimalist in progress
– My favorite period is Art Deco
– I am obsessed with Scottish Deerhounds and have owned 5 in my lifetime
Sarah Dorsey | LA // HI Ambassador
– Every year I ask for a jar of APPLE BUTTER on my birthday and every year
someone has the nerve to buy me a Valentine’s Day chachki!
– A surprise party for me would be NO heart-shaped birthday cards, doves or naked winged cupids
– I’ve never seen an Abraham Lincoln present!
– I paint on everything but usually on SKIN. “It feels so alive!”
– I’m a makeup artist that wears very minimal makeup
– I rock climb not necessarily because I like it but because I just love feeling tall!
– I’m extremely afraid of the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man
– I almost married a mechanic then he blew his seal then we broke down. Now I’m seeking a Ghostbuster!!!!!
– I have several nicknames none of which I gave myself and all are pretty spot on!
– If I ask for a coffee, hand me a scotch; if I say I need a drink, find me some water!
– If I ever reply “I’m doing alright,” I could use a good laugh!
– I plan on moving to a new country every 7 years for the rest of my life!
– Did you know humans have three types of tears and they all look different under a microscope? I’m all misty-eyed just thinking about it!
– I’m building a new business, The Makeup Makers Lab, and loving it!
– I worked at Arby’s from age 14-16 years old – I haven’t clocked in since nor have I eaten ANY roast beef!
– I HAVE to dance. It’s not an option for me
– My favorite waves are Theta & Delta Waves! Complete brain-busters!
– Long-distances sports can’t hold a candle to motorsports! I like cruising fast!
– I have 7 pairs of vintage eyeglasses, 1 pair of wine glasses, and not one pair of matching socks!
Behind the Scenes
Erin, Sara-Organizer/Sanity-Saver (aka Assistant haha)
– I’m from Frederick, MD, so I’m pretty much a local!
– I dreamed of working for a magazine my entire life until I tried living in NYC
– I learned how to snowboard in my early 30’s
– I really hate onions. WHY does it have to be in everything?
– I cook dinner every night but Thursdays, when we go out. Fridays are always pizza night (homemade)!
– I love owning my business, Mabely.Q, becauseI get to do fun, creative things all the time. Plus, I’m able to manage my schedule so that I can spend time with my friends and family, too!
– I regularly change up my hair…. long, short, dark, blonde, pink…more recently – a side shave!
– My dog, Cota, is a Shiba Inu. She’s very much like a cat
– I’m deaf, but most people don’t realize it cuz I speak so well! Also I love music, rock music in particular!
– My favorite color is really the colors of the rainbow.. depends on my mood. I’m not biased, all colors are my favorite
– My home is always neat, everything has its place